Sunday, November 4, 2012

Our Girlie is 4!!



This is just so hard to believe.  Carolina is FOUR! :)  (Well, I'm still playing catch up.  She turned four on Sept. 18th.  I'm so behind on my blogging!)


She is such a precious gift.  She is appropriately named Carolina JOY, because she just brings so much joy wherever she goes.  I cannot imagine our little home without this precious, sweet, belly-laughing little girl snuggling, dancing, singing and spreading her love all over this house.  She is definitely a gift!

It's hard to believe that she has lived in Spain longer than she lived in the States.  While each of our boys miss the States... family, friends, food, etc... Carolina has no remembrance of it.  In a way, it's quite strange to think about!  As she plays by herself around the house, talking to her imaginary friends, she always speaks Spanish.  My mom says that Carolina has an accent when she speaks English... mainly because Spanish can be a very sing-songy language.  They are very expressive, with lots of emotion and ups and downs in their language.  I guess Carolina also does this with her English. :)  I'm sure this will get corrected over time... especially as we go spend some months in the States; but for now, I think it's adorable. :)  What a gift this little girlie has, growing up speaking two languages!

She is in her second year of "infantil" here in Spain.  They basically do 3 years of kindergarten, beginning at age 3.   Yes, a bit early for my liking; but it's been a blessing for Carolina's language. :)  She brought these cup-cakes in for her class... gluten free, of course. :)  No one here really bakes... they cook, but they don't really bake much, so my cup-cakes (a very BASIC thing in the States!) become quite an exotic treat for them.  They always love the colored frosting... another thing that's not big here. :)

Daddy and the birthday girl!

yup, gotta lick the frosting!!


Carolina loves to sing and dance... so she got her very first Wii game for her birthday.  yes, of course you guessed it: Just Dance... but, we got the kid version for her.  Very fun... LOVE watching that girl get into her music! :) She also got her very first Barbie.  Big day for this little girl! haha...

And, of course, our princess cake.  My goodness, I had to improvise with this cake!... I had to use a tiny little Barbie, b/c the "dress" wasn't quite long enough for a regular Barbie. Ha!  But, it doesn't really matter.  Carolina's face when she saw it told me that it was just perfect in the eyes of a 4 year old girl... and that's what's most important, right? :)


Happy 4th Birthday to our sweet little Carolina Joy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment