Saturday, November 3, 2012

During the craziness...

Right after Jonathan had to have emergency surgery, we had one incident after another happen.  I think we were in the ER 5 times in as many days... AFTER surgery.  It was crazy.  One of those visits was for Carolina.  She was playing in the pool with her brothers, who were of course, being BOYS.  They had some nerf water guns that we call "squirties" and Weston hit Carolina with one, completely by accident.  The whole thing is covered in styrofoam,  but the one little spot that is hard plastic, hit Carolina on the forehead.  She came in with blood everywhere... you know how blood is, combined with water.  It looks bad.  Well, neither Wes nor Weston do well with blood, so I had to get them both out of the room while I looked at her.  Weston was SOOO upset at himself for hurting her, and combine that with the blood, and he wasn't doing too great.

We ALL piled in the car and took her to the "Urgent Care."  I thought she needed stitches, but I wasn't sure.  Once we got in there, the dr looked at it briefly and said it wasn't deep enough to need stitches.  But, it wasn't really how deep it was that concerned me.  It was the fact that that the opening itself was wide.  I knew it was going to scar.  They insisted that it wouldn't and that she would be fine.

I probably should have insisted a little more, but after going through things with Jonathan only 2 days prior, I wasn't sure if I was up for more trauma.  (They don't give any anesthesia here for stitches!)  This is how they sent her home.



And, of course, we do have a scar now.

No comments:

Post a Comment