Monday, August 1, 2011

Vacation in Germany!

After AGM was over, Wes walked about 10 minutes down the street to pick up our rental car (gotta love Europe for that!)  We had quite a time reserving a car before we arrived.  I guess we are just so much bigger than the average family... we had to have a vehicle that seats 6.  One too many for the "normal" cars. :)  There were not too many available, but we finally found one... or at least, we thought we had.

Unfortunately, when Wes got there, it was not one of the two types of vehicles they said it would be. Of course. :)  What were we to do?... at least it had enough seats.  It just had absolute no space in the back, for our luggage.  So, vacation started out in the normal way... improvising! :)

The kids had bags everywhere... under feet, etc.  It worked, though!

Carolina is still not too sure about it.  Poor thing.  She was wedged pretty tight. ;)
Once we got everything in, we started on our way across almost all of Germany.  It was so beautiful with it's green hills and bright blue sky!!!  I was loving it.  For some reason, seeing green makes me take a deep breath and relax.  I love it.  These were just some of the views...






 Before we got into the mountains, it reminded me a lot of upstate NY... I guess that's why I loved it so much.  It was like "home!"  Well, it was similar... except for one thing, specifically.  Wes is a great driver.  He's not slow, but he's not crazy fast, either.  Well, all of sudden, I looked up and noticed that EVERYONE was passing us.  I've never felt like a poke before, when Wes was driving, but, man!  They were all flying past us!  I found out what it was like to "ride" (since I wasn't driving... and gladly so!) on the autobahn!
They were all flying by us.

And Wes was going pretty fast!... oh, btw, this is not MPH.  It's in Kilometers.  Hehe... before you faint.
Anyway, it was a fun trip across the country!  It was really amazing, b/c you could find fast food restaurants all along the highway.  It felt so modern!  We have McD's in Spain, but you usually have to travel into a town to find one... and you really don't know where they are from the highway, unless you've stumbled on them before.  So, we felt like we had it so easy on this trip!!  We pulled of and ate at a Burger King for lunch- how easy!! :)  Other than the fact that we had to completely unload (and re-load... and then unload and load again) the car to get the kids out.... and back in. :)  AND I could order lunch in English!  Amazing! :)  I think we were all amazed at how many people spoke English.  I was grateful!  This was the start of our adventure in Germany...

No comments:

Post a Comment