Monday, February 11, 2013

Mom and Dad's visit in November

Oh, my goodness, I'm so behind.  Why is that I feel like I can never catch up here!? :)  We've had a ton of stuff on our plate these past couple months, but I know I need to get y'all updated on our life here, so here are some snapshots! :)

My parents came to visit in November, just before Thanksgiving.  We had SO much fun together.  It was such a special time.  It happened to be right after our language exam, so it was the first time I really was able to put everything on the back burner and completely relax.  It was wonderful and so needed!

Waiting for Grandmommy and Papa to arrive!

YES!  They finally made it!


They arrived on my Mom's birthday, so we celebrated when we got back from the airport.




Then we celebrated Thanksgiving together!  It was so wonderful... the first time in 3 years that I've had help with making the food!  It was a dream, having mom there with me!

Getting a whole turkey here is very unusual, but we have built a relationship with our neighborhood "butcher" and we order one from him every year.  This is the biggest turkey we've seen yet! :)  As always, it comes with feathers and all... we plucked the best we could, but then Mom decided she could get the rest with a razor.  haha... it actually worked!!


Thanksgiving dinner.

Yum! :)
We had a great time celebrating together.  Then, we packed... and the next day we left for Marbella... vacation at the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment